Big Island Beauty Academy proudly announces the Big Island Beauty Academy Cosmetology Scholarship. This scholarship is an opportunity for prospective students to be awarded a $7,000 cosmetology scholarship to attend Big Island Beauty Academy in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. To apply for the scholarship, complete and submit the application form.
OFFICIAL RULES. THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS SUBJECT TO THE PROGRAM DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Scholarship Sponsor and Payment: The total amount of the scholarship to be awarded by BIG ISLAND BEAUTY ACADEMY located at 74-5599 Luhia St. F1 Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740. Value of scholarship is $7,000. The scholarship will be credited subject to the requirements of paragraph 4, by Big Island Beauty Academy and amount will be deducted from overall published cost of course. Awardee will be responsible for the total amount of $14,510 due after scholarship — an initial payment of $4,000 and twelve monthly payments of $875.83 through in-house financing. Not to be used with any other discounts or promotions.
- Eligibility: This scholarship program is open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of application. Applicants must be high school graduates or have earned their GED, meet all admission requirements of Big Island Beauty Academy, and be prepared and able to start school on January 13, 2020.
Scholarship applications must be complete and accurate to the best of applicant’s knowledge and belief. Applicants must submit the completed scholarship application, short answer questions, and video entry (if applicable) by the stated deadline to be considered.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify scholarship submissions that include video entries that are deemed, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be lewd, pornographic, false, doctored, enhanced, offensive, or inappropriate in any manner. Video entries submitted should be of the best quality possible. Students already enrolled as of August 14, 2019, are not eligible for scholarship.
- Award: Scholarship will be awarded by December 1, 2019, for classes beginning January 13, 2020. A completed Student Enrollment Application & Agreement for the Big Island Beauty Academy Cosmetology Course must be submitted and accepted prior to scholarship award date. The scholarship is not transferable to any other person or entity.
- Termination: If awardee’s time at the school is cut short for any reason, there will be no refunds.
- Application Deadline and Process: The process to access and apply for the scholarship to be awarded can be found on the Big Island Beauty Academy’s web site. The scholarship application deadline date is November 15, 2019, at 11:59 PM Hawaii Standard Time (HST). Sponsor’s computer system shall act as the official clock of this scholarship. Scholarship application deadlines and Scholarship Recipient announcement dates are subject to change. Only one application per applicant will be accepted. Any attempt by an applicant to submit multiple/different applications will void that applicant’s scholarship application, and that applicant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Applicants must provide all requested information in order to be considered. Incomplete applications, multiple applications, automated applications, and computer-aided or computer-generated script applications are void and ineligible. Once an application has been submitted, it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified.
- Privacy: By submitting an application for scholarship, the applicant agrees that he or she has read, understands, and accepts the Official Rules. Applicants acknowledge that information transmitted over the Internet is beyond Sponsor’s control. Although Sponsor takes reasonable steps, including the implementation of physical, organizational, and technical controls, to protect applicant information, applicants acknowledge and agree that they provide any information, including personally identifiable information, to Sponsor at their own risk.
- Selection of Scholarship Recipients: The scholarship awards will occur December 1, 2019. Submissions will be narrowed to eligible applications and Scholarship Recipient(s) will be selected from applications submitted. Odds of becoming a Scholarship Recipient will vary and will depend on the number of qualified scholarship applicants. If no suitable applications are received, the Sponsor reserves the right to award no scholarship during this scholarship period. The Sponsor also reserves the right to select the means to determine the Scholarship Recipient. All Scholarship Recipient selection decisions are final.
- Miscellaneous: The Sponsor reserves the right to photograph and/or make recording of the Scholarship Recipient and to use said reproductions of the Scholarship Recipient’s physical likeness and/or recordings. Scholarship acceptance by a Scholarship Recipient constitutes permission by the Scholarship Recipient to use the Scholarship Recipient’s name and likeness with no further payment in connection with publicity efforts regarding the Sponsor or the Sponsor’s scholarship program.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Scholarship Recipient. The Scholarship Recipient must provide his or her social security number or taxpayer identification number for tax reporting purposes upon acceptance of the scholarship.
- Interpretation of Rules/Provisions: The Sponsor is the sole interpreter of these rules. By participating, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. All applications become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- General Conditions: The scholarship is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the application process and/or the legitimate operation of the scholarship; to violate these Official Rules; or to act in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person with respect to the scholarship. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect applications. The Sponsor may modify the scholarship or suspend the scholarship to address any impairment, and then resume the scholarship in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. The Sponsor has the right to terminate the scholarship at any time and without notice.
- Internet Conditions: The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any entries in the scholarship that are not properly entered due to data corruption or otherwise not received correctly, or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to applicant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the scholarship. Sponsor will not verify receipt of applications. Applications that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular in any way, or that contain false information, have been submitted through illicit or fraudulent means or by any means which subvert or attempt to subvert or game the application process, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Official Rules will be void. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the scholarship in the event that the scholarship is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the scholarship.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED ENTITIES”), WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY APPLICANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICATION, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP OR IN ANY SCHOLARSHIP RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY SCHOLARSHIP CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, BANKRUPTCY OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP, EACH APPLICANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED ENTITIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET. OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE SCHOLARSHIP, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this scholarship represents and warrants Big Island Beauty Academy as follows: (i) the application, including the written response submission is the applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iii) the submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth above. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of applicant hereunder.
- DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: BY ENTERING THE SCHOLARSHIP, APPLICANT, AGREES THAT: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, CONTROVERSIES AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS SCHOLARSHIP, THE OFFICIAL RULES, AND/OR THE PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES FOLLOWED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. ALL DETERMINATIONS AS TO THE SCOPE, ENFORCEABILITY, AND EFFECT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO THE ARBITRATOR. ANY JUDGMENT OR AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENT, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SCHOLARSHIP; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL APPLICANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND APPLICANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the applicant and the Sponsor in connection with the scholarship, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii.
- Severance: If any particular provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed unenforceable or invalid, it shall not affect the other provisions hereof and the Official Rules shall be constructed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provision(s) was omitted.